Breda Telephone Corp. d/b/a Western Iowa Networks is looking for a full-time Technology Manager for their Breda, IA operations.
- Supervises IT and Central Office Staff and will assign work, check quality of work, answer questions, handle personnel issues and monitor projects to ensure jobs are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervises and manages telephony and Internet engineering activities, including designing projects in compliance with RUS specifications.
- Responsible for developing and maintain Internal Control policies and procedures for technology processes. Ensures active adherence to the Internal Control policies.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, operations, and maintenance of Western Iowa Networks’ network, all servers, and operating system.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining disaster preparedness policies and procedures for technology processes.
- Coordinates engineering projects handled by external vendors by preparing projects for bid, determining vendors to be used, and overseeing project progress.
- Develops engineering budget objectives and controls. Orders materials and equipment for engineering operations as appropriate.
- Analyzes traffic loads and forecasts projected traffic to determine related required construction technology projects. Approves new installations and coordinates switched and special access services and facilities with connecting companies.
- Evaluates, updates and develops strategies for computer programs and instructs/trains employees in their use.
- Practical knowledge, skills, and abilities usually acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications or equivalent and 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in the field
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry regulations affecting technology projects is necessary.
- Must be skilled in organizing, planning, staffing, directing, and controlling a telecommunications department.
- CISCO Certificates or equivalent certifications desirable.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of network protocols, including Ethernet TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet, SMTP and HTTP, Wi-Fi, MPLS, and wireless technologies
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of MS Windows operating software and registries (Version Windows XP or greater), IBM OS400 and Client Access, MS Office software products, Internet browsers and proxies, IIS, e-mail, SWL server, anti-virus and network security software, routing, and firewall policies.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of network and peripheral hardware, including, but not limited to servers (file, print, mail, Internet, etc.), hubs, LAN/WAN switches, router, bridges, modems, printer, scanners, and network topologies and wiring standards.
- Ability to Work Independently
- High-level of attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Individual needs to be very customer oriented
- Company offers competitive wages and an attractive benefit package
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen required
- Breda Telephone Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Position open until filled
Contact: Diane Miller, HR Manager